Mick Keogh AM
We are pleased to announce that Australian Competition and Consumer Commission’s first ever agricultural commissioner, Mr Mick Keogh AM will be a keynote speaker at PIX/AMC 2018. In the opening session Mr Keogh will address delegates on “Supply chain competition – fairness from farmer to consumer”.
Mr Keogh is a leading agricultural analyst and former Australian Farm Institute executive director.
Mr Keogh works with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission’s Agriculture Enforcement and Engagement Unit, a 12-member team that’s been operating since late 2015, to identify competition and fair trading issues in the agricultural sector.
On Australia Day 2015, Mr Keogh was honoured with a medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) for his services to agriculture and regional development. Mr Keogh has played a major role in informing policy direction for Australia’s agricultural industries.
PIX/AMC 2018 are delighted that Mr Keogh will help launch the 2018 conference themed, “Supply Chain Opportunities – Farmers to Consumers”.
De Wet Boshoff
We are pleased to have Mr De Wet Boshoff speaking on the AMC feed program. Mr Boshoff will deliver a presentation on Feed Milling from an African Perspective, particularly supply chain issues in the African feed industry that may have commonality with Australia. He is extremely well qualified as Executive Director of the Animal Feed Manufacturers Association of South Africa.
Mr Boshoff will be speaking about the unique supply chain experiences of African agriculture and what we can learn from another part of the globe.
The AMC flour program goes to new heights in 2018 with Mr Greg Harvey, Group Managing Director and Chief Executive of the Interflour Group as one of our keynote speakers. Interflour is head-quartered in Singapore with operations in Vietnam, Malaysia, Turkey, the Philippines and Indonesia. It employees a workforce of over 1,500 across six countries and is one of South East Asia’s largest flour milling companies with a daily milling capacity of over 7,000 tons per day. Mr Harvey has been the CEO of Interflour since May 2005.
Mr Harvey is an Australian national, with many years of international business experience in global grain and flour companies. He was educated at the University of Western Australia and completed post graduate studies at Monash University and the INSEAD business school. Having spent all of his working life in agri-business, Mr Harvey is passionate about the important and vital role of the food industry to advance the well-being and nutrition of people in the developing economies and regions of the world. The mission of Interflour is ‘to lead the industry by proactively managing the supply chain and producing the most consistent quality flour at the lowest cost’ so Mr Harvey is well positioned to add value to the conference theme of “Supply Chain Opportunities – Farmers to Consumers”.
Confirmed AMC Speakers
• Dr Geoffrey Annison, Australian Food and Grocery Council
• Mr Philippe Becquet, DSM Nutritional Products Europe Ltd.
• Mr Peter Botta, PCB Consulting
• Mr Shane Charles, TSBE & Food Leaders Australia
• Professor Martin Cole, CSIRO Agriculture and Food
• Mr Emmanuel Geneiatakis, FAMI QS
• Mr Greg Harvey, Interflour
• Ms Penne Kehl, Cargill Australia
• Mr Ross Kinwell, AEGIC
• Mr Gunther Klenke, Buhler Group
• Mr Chris Lawlor, International Animal Health Products
• Dr Ian Lean, Cow’s R Us / Scibus
• Mr Sunil Maheshwari, Siemer Milling Company
• Ms Bridie Ohlsson, Agridigital
• Ms Elizabeth Owens, Symbio Laboratories
• Mr Hennie Pieterse, Ottevanger
• Mr Barbujani Pietro, Golfetto Sangati
• Dr Ken Quail, Australian Export Grain Innovation Centre (AEGIC)
• Ms David Rylah, Energy Action
• Dr Margaret Sexton, Biosecurity SA
• Professor Robert Van Barneveld, SunPork Group
Confirmed PIX Speakers
Special Guest Speakers
• Mr Paul Higgins, Emergent Futures
• Professor Malcolm Mitchell, Scotland’s Rural College
• Dr Shabbir Simjee, Elanco
• Dr Sergio L Vieira, Departmento de Zootecnia, Universidade federal do rio grande do sul
• Dr Sam Abraham, Murdoch University
• Mr Euan Beaumont, Energy Farmers Australia
• Dr Susan Bibby, Specialised Breeders Australia
• Dr Kail Chousalkar, Adelaide University
• Dr Georgina Davis, Queensland Farmers Federation
• Dr Caroline De Koning, PIRSA
• Dr Paul Grignon Dumoulin, Henrix Genetics
• Dr Mark Dunlop, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
• Mr John Dunn, Eggs Australia
• Mr Bernard Green, Aviagen
• Professor Michael Kotiw, University of Southern Queensland
• Mr Eugene McGahan, Eugene McGahan Consulting
• Mr Rowan McMonnies, Australian Eggs
• Assoc Professor Eugeni Roura, Principal Research Fellow Centre for Nutrition and Food Sciences
• Dr Isabel Ruhnke, University of New England
• Professor Robert Swick, Poultry Nutrition Department Animal Science, University of New England
• Dr Peter C. Scott, Scolexia Pty Ltd, Animal and Avian Health Consultancy
• Dr Peta Taylor, University of New England
• Mr Eddy van Lierde, Aviagen
• TBC, Cobb Vantress