David Foote – Australian Country Choice
For over 30 years, David has held executive and senior management positions across all mainland states in areas of; rural property management, beef cattle and sheep, meat retailing, processing and exporting of primary products such as meat, grain and fodder.
David has been Chief Executive Officer at the Australian Country Choice group of Companies since 2002 and Group Managing Director since 2015.
Headquartered in Brisbane and employing over 1,400 staff across Queensland, the private family owned Australian Country Choice operates Australia’s largest vertically integrated beef supply chain; encompassing cattle breeding, cattle growing and feedlotting to supply its integrated food processing facility in Brisbane that incorporates beef slaughter, beef boning, value-adding and shelf ready, retail ready packing.
Away from his ACC group duties, David represents beef and pastoral industry interests in his role as Chairman of the Board of Directors at Australian Cattle and Beef Holdings Pty Ltd, Board member of Workplace Health and Safety Queensland, Chairman of Queensland Manufacturing Industry Standing Committee, Chairman of the Australia – Indonesia Red Meat and Livestock Market Access Group and Deputy Chairman China red meat working group.
Mick Keogh AM – Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
We are pleased to announce that Australian Competition and Consumer Commission’s first ever agricultural commissioner, Mr Mick Keogh AM will be a keynote speaker at PIX/AMC 2018. In the opening session Mr Keogh will address delegates on “Supply chain competition – fairness from farmer to consumer”.
Mr Keogh is a leading agricultural analyst and former Australian Farm Institute executive director.
Mr Keogh works with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission’s Agriculture Enforcement and Engagement Unit, a 12-member team that’s been operating since late 2015, to identify competition and fair trading issues in the agricultural sector.
On Australia Day 2015, Mr Keogh was honoured with a medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) for his services to agriculture and regional development. Mr Keogh has played a major role in informing policy direction for Australia’s agricultural industries.
PIX/AMC 2018 are delighted that Mr Keogh will help launch the 2018 conference themed, “Supply Chain Opportunities – Farmers to Consumers”.
Steve Lennon – United Nations Australia
Steve Lennon has more than 30 years’ experience in the power sector. He is recognised as an international expert in energy and technological innovation, with specialist knowledge in sustainability, climate change, energy planning and strategy and non-renewable and renewable energy and networks.
Steve is a director of South Africa’s Technology Innovation Agency, Fusion Energy Holdings (a diversified clean energy business), Shanduvan Pty Ltd (a niche energy sector advisory business) and Solajoule Pty Ltd (a solar water pumping and lighting business). He is also President of the United Nations Association of Australia in WA, dealing with Human Rights, Women’s Equality, Environment, Sustainable Development Goals and youth global citizenship.
• Mr Tony Armstrong, Golfetto Sangati-Milling Process Services Pty Ltd, Italy
• Dr Geoffrey Annison, Australian Food and Grocery Council
• Ms Alexandra de Athayde, International Feed Industry Federation
• Mr Philippe Becquet, DSM Nutritional Products Europe Ltd, Switzerland
• Mr Peter Botta, PCB Consulting
• Mr Dave Boyack, Honeywell
• Mr Shane Charles, TSBE & Food Leaders Australia
• Mr Caile Ditterich, BlockGrain
• Mr John Gilbert, Heavy Vehicle Regulators
• Mr Jeremy Halstead, Energy Action
• Dr Crispin Howitt, CSIRO Agriculture and Food
• Ms Penne Kehl, Cargill Australia
• Professor Ross Kingwell, Australian Export Grain Innovation Centre (AEGIC)
• Mr Gunther Klenke, Buhler AG
• Mr Chris Lawlor, International Animal Health Products
• Dr Ian Lean, Cow’s R Us / Scibus
• Mr Sunil Maheshwari, Siemer Milling Company, United States of America
• Mr Elmar Nau, Interflour Group, Singapore
• Ms Elizabeth Owens, Symbio Laboratories
• Mr Robert Parkes, Ridley
• Mr Hennie Pieterse, Ottevanger
• Dr Ken Quail, Australian Export Grain Innovation Centre (AEGIC)
• Dr Margaret Sexton, Biosecurity SA
• Mr John Spragg, SFMCA
• Professor Robert Van Barneveld, SunPork Group
Special Guest Speakers
• Mr Paul Higgins, Emergent Futures
• Professor Malcolm Mitchell, Scotland’s Rural College
• Dr Shabbir Simjee, Elanco
• Professor Sergio Vieira, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul
• Dr Sam Abraham, Murdoch University
• Mr Euan Beamont, Energy Farmers Australia
• Dr Susan Bibby, Specialised Breeders Australia
• Dr Kapil Chousalkar, University of Adelaide
• Dr Jodi Courtice, McLean Farms
• Mr Adrian Dawson, CSIRO
• Dr Carolyn De Koning, PIRSA
• Dr Paul Grignon Dumoulin, Hendrix Genetics
• Dr Mark Dunlop, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
• Mr John Dunn, Egg Farmers of Australia
• Mr Bernard Green, Aviagen
• Dr Kylie Hewson, AgriFutures, Australian Chicken Meat Federation
• Professor Michael Kotiw, University of Southern Queensland
• Mr Eugene McGahan, Eugene McGahan Consulting
• Mr Rowan McMonnies, Australian Eggs (AECL)
• Ms Heather Neil, RSPCA Australia
• Mr Alan Parnham, Inghams Group Limited
• Assoc Professor Eugeni Roura, Centre for Nutrition and Food Sciences
• Dr Isabel Ruhnke, University of New England
• Professor Robert Swick, Poultry Nutrition Department Animal Science, University of New England
• Dr Peter Scott, Scolexia Pty Ltd, Animal and Avian Health Consultancy
• Dr Peta Taylor, University of New England
• Professor Wendy Umberger, Centre for Global Food and Resources